Friday, May 16, 2014

Gary Isaacs is an American photographer


Gary Isaacs photographs attempt to capture the America of our imagination, the America of television, films and books; cars, diners, lonely streets, cowboys and musicians. It’s if Isaacs is documenting a mythology of America one that never existed but is more real to us than the banal everyday reality.
His vintage aesthetic adds to the mystery, he’s a seeker of the American dream, a wanderer hoping to reclaim a past that never existed. Infact, it’s as if he works in metaphors, digitally manipulating his subject matter to create a mirror through which he can see the actuality of his subject, the essence of reality. Here’s what he has to say about his process:
I often feel that i am photographing what things remind me of more that the thing themselves…and it’s not always clear to me where the ‘memory or attraction to the memory’ is coming from…photography is my attempt to grasp at my attractions…according to the Buddha I’ve got a long long road in front me…

"god was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and eventually i had to eat him... » Gary Isaacs



























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, come on !